Friday, February 27, 2015

Dining Table Re-Do & Painted Chairs

This project started in my head over a year ago, when I saved these vintage table legs from going to the dump! I'm not sure how old they are, but I absolutely love the style!


Finally, a few months ago, I talked Dad and Peter into helping me re-do the table. While the solid pine trestle table had served it's purpose well, I was ready for a new look! After a bit of work, they got the trestle part off....


and figured the best way to attach the legs to the top.




Peter sanded the top.


I chose a dark stain (Kona by Rustoleum).


I love the color!!


I added a coat of Briwax to finish it.


So, the table was finally finished before Christmas, but the I still couldn't make a decision about the chairs.

I decided to just paint our existing chairs gray. Of course, I then put that off another month. 
Finally, just a few days before we left for Florida, I completed this project! (for now....)



 and here it is........







I love how the table turned out! It's exactly how I pictured it! The chairs still don't wow me and I may end up getting the seagrass Parsons chairs (or something else), but for now, I'm happy to have my "new" table and chairs!! Peter thinks I'm crazy for taking apart a perfectly good table and putting old legs on it, but we've had this table for about 30 years
(YIKES! has it been that long!?), so I was ready to
to give it a new look. I would much rather have this than a new dining set
from the furniture store.

before:

after:

I'm still working on a table centerpiece, but knowing me, it'll probably be time to put pumpkins out again before I make a decision! LOL For now, I'm using my white milk bottle vase that I bought at Target. For Valentine's Day, I just stuck a few branches I cut and hung red felt hearts. I'll use the springy forsythia branches in it for spring....until I find the perfect centerpiece that is!

Link to my other table re-do post here.

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...