Friday, February 27, 2015

Our 2015 Disney Vacation (February 10 - part one)

Day #6 - Tuesday February 10 2015 (part one)

I woke up around 8:00 and got ready. I had trouble using my Magic Band to get in our room last night, as did Peter when we tried his band this morning. We hadn't had any other problems with it at dinner, at the park, or even getting into the laundry room, but neither of us could get our bands to open our room. We were headed to Hollywood Studios today, but first things first, make sure our bands worked. We had them tested at front desk and they worked fine. The only explanation the CM had was possibly the battery needed changing in the room door lock. We got back in our room fine that night, and never had any other problems, so I guess that was the culprit.

We headed to the bus stop a little after 10:00. The weather was nice again, but just a little cooler. I had read about the hat being taken down and was a little sad about that. I love the hat!
 
before:
2014
 
2011
 
 
and now.....
 
 
 

 
I don't know what will replace it (if anything???), but I must say, I loved the hat and hate to see it gone.

We were ready for lunch and started looking for options. This is my least favorite park for dining (especially lunch!). Peter had mentioned getting a turkey leg, so off we go to find one!

 
Toluca Turkey Legs is now located at Faifax Fare, so we went over there to find one.
I wasn't sure what I was in the mood for, so I ended up just ordering from there as well.
 
I got the Chicken and Spareribs - served with baked beans and coleslaw and Peter got the Jumbo Turkey Leg - served with baked beans and coleslaw. We both got soda and the Banana Parfait - with vanilla wafers and Heath bar crunch (which in my opinion, was the best part of my lunch).   $46.80 0r 2 CS credits
 
Peter hadn't had a turkey leg in years, he said he is now good for several more. This lunch was our worst meal of the trip (but we ate most of it anyway...LOL).

I had missed my fast pass time for Tower of Terror, but wasn't completely disappointed. I almost worked up the nerve to ride later in the day, but the wait was too long. :O)
 
After lunch, we walked over to Star Tours for our very first ride. I have been wanting to try this for quite awhile, and while I loved it, it left Peter a little queasy. Note to self: do NOT eat a jumbo turkey leg then ride Star Tours. :O) I loved it and he said he will ride again next trip (minus the turkey leg!). LOL

As soon as we got off of Star Tours, our FP window for Toy Story Midway Mania was open.

 
We love this ride!!!!

Peter got the highest score!

 
Peter stopped for a frozen lemonade ($4.79 or 1 snack credit) as we headed over for the next Indiana Jones show.




 

 




This is such a fun show, and we hadn't seen it in years. We weren't sure what to do next. Normally, Peter would catch a few American Idol shows while I do two of my favorite things alone: Rock n' Roller Coaster and the drawing class at Animation Academy.

We walked over to AA to see if there was a wait for the next class. Reluctantly, he went. The wait was at least 30 minutes, so he told me to stay and do the class, but I was hoping he would join me. He wasn't interested and I didn't want to split up for an hour or so, so I skipped it this year. I'll just put it on the list to do next trip.

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...