Friday, December 20, 2013

oh, IKEA...you let me down!

IKEA has the most awesome stuff at an even more awesome price! So, if you have an IKEA store nearby, then count yourself lucky! I've had my eye on the Billy Bookcases, like forever, and I finally sat down to order them on Sunday. Anyone who knows me, knows that I am the worst at making decisions, and it takes me a very long time {sometimes months....} to decide on something. I drive my Mom and Peter crazy! So, with just 2 weeks until the carpenter arrives, I knew I must order the bookcases asap. I re-measured and sketched everything out one more time and realized that they were the PERFECT choice...not to mention the price @ $159.99 each.
BILLY Bookcase with doors IKEA Adjustable shelves can be arranged according to your needs.
I added 2 of them to my cart {$319.98} and went to the next step...shipping.

I had to look twice....

{$349.00} for shipping????

$349??? Where are you shipping them to, another country or something?

To say I was disappointed is an understatement. I refuse to pay that much for shipping {more than what the 2 bookcases cost} No way!! This brings me back to the beginning of this post. If you have a local IKEA, then you are lucky! I know that their stuff must be awesome, but since my nearest IKEA is in Baltimore, I will probably never know. :O(
Then, I got worried and started wondering if every site selling bookcases takes advantage of their customers the way IKEA does? Do they all slap on an outrageous shipping cost after luring you in with their great prices? After months of struggling to make a decision, I had to start over with my search for the perfect bookcases........
As soon as I typed in "bookcases with doors", I found many, many options that were similar, and EVERY site I clicked on offered FREE SHIPPING!!!!!!!!!!!! How can they offer free shipping when Ikea charges such a ridiculous price? Needless to say, my obsession with shopping at IKEA soon faded, and in a matter of a few hours {I know that sounds like a long time, but it is a record for me!!}, I had ordered 2 bookcases with doors, the perfect size, at the price of $184.99 each , plus FREE shipping!



I had really wanted them white or unfinished, but everything will be painted anyway and new hardware added. I'm hoping that once the built-ins are finished, it all turns out like I have it pictured in my head!

IKEA, I really wanted to shop at your store, but until a store comes closer or you offer more realistic shipping, I'll have to pass! I'm sure I would have loved your Billy Bookcases though! :O)

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...