Monday, December 30, 2013

'tis the season to be jolly {part 3}

Nathan got home at 6 p.m. on Thursday evening. :O)
Everyone gathered here at our house for more food and finally, we got to open some presents! Nathan loved everything he got.....but he really loved the moose mugs! :O)




He also got a wireless printer and lots of $$$ and gift cards to spend later.

Nathan surprised Peter with a Dremel and a case full of grill tools. :O)




And he gave me two things from my wish-list: a crock pot and.......

I LOVE IT!!! :O)
Thanks Nathan- you did good! :O)

Julie gave me something from my wish list too.........

{Julia Child's "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" cookbook}
I've been wanting this cookbook forever! I love the movie "Julie & Julia" and love her book/blog about cooking all of the recipes from Child's cookbook.

I've already gone through the cookbook and marked a recipe from each of the categories. I'm hoping to try one recipe each month over the next year, along with one recipe every month from the Pioneer Woman cookbook! This should be a fun challenge!! :O)

Julie and Derek had arrived earlier on Thursday and exchanged gifts with Mom and Dad.


Julie had made Mom & Dad a picture book of the three grandsons which they loved. I really need to do one with the pictures from Nathan's Senior Trip. {Put that on the to-do list}.

We exchanged the rest of our gifts when Nathan arrived.

Logan called at 1:40 a.m. to let us know he was FINALLY home. What a long day!

We had our "Christmas" dinner on Friday. I baked a spiral ham and made a few other sides. Mom and Liz bought a couple of dishes, and Dad fried the oysters.



We ended up with eleven for dinner {Peter, Me, Nathan, Kayla, Mom, Dad, Julie, Derek, Liz, Mitch, Lois}. 
It was so good to have Nathan home and we couldn't wait for Logan & Lindsey to arrive on Saturday!

1 comment:

Shanna Watson said...

Sounds like you all had a wonderful Christmas (even though is was not the norm). What a great pic of your dad in the kitchen! Happy New Year!

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY đź—“️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...