Thursday, December 26, 2013

'tis the season to be jolly {part 2}

Well, it's finally here! Crew change day!!! The boys are a little closer to getting home. Unfortunately, they still have hours of travel and waiting ahead of them. Logan's flight from Charleston to Philly isn't until 6 p.m., then add another 3 hour drive. He'll get home sometime around midnight. Nathan called at 10 a.m. and was just catching the launch boat. He should get home around 6 p.m. Praying for safety today as they head home!
I'm busy today whipping up all the stuff Nathan asked for, including a batch of Mrs. Moore's Peppermint Bark......

and his newly discovered favorite....cucumber sandwiches.

I love cooking for Nathan, he loves pretty much everything!! :O)

Despite the boys not being home, Peter and I had a good Christmas.

Peter worked half a day on Christmas Eve. I cleaned the house, baked, and finished wrapping. Since we weren't having our "Christmas" dinner until Friday, I waited to bake the ham until then. We ended up with steamed shrimp and a baked potato for dinner. I finally sat down for the day around 5:30 {actually, I got on the sofa and ended up taking a nap}. We went to the Candlelight Service at 7:00, stopped by Gina's house for our annual visit, and then after a short visit at Mom & Dad's house, we came home for the night!
On Christmas morning, we slept in and had a late breakfast.......

in my Christmas jammies!

Speaking of Christmas jammies.....I love this video!!:O) :O)

I opened a gift from my bestie Wanda.....


Thanks Wanda!! I LOVE IT!!!!
{My first Lush Bath Bomb!}

Peter has been talking about how he needs a good cup for our long drive to FL, so I picked him up this one. :O)


I bought myself the calendar album. I've already started putting it together and can tell I'm going to love it! Hopefully, it will spark my interest in scrapping again. This was one of my awesome Christmas deals. I bought it at Michael's last weekend. I had intended to use my 40% off coupon, but it was already on sale $39.99 for $19.99, and when I got it up to the register it rang up $15.99! I actually hit many great deals like this last weekend. Who needs Black Friday Shopping anyway??

We did a little visiting, stopping to see Peter's Mom and then stopped by his cousin, Hope's house.

Lacee and her new bike!

Later, we spent a few hours with Peter's family {his Mom even went with us this year!} and enjoyed a good treat and got to visit with everyone, including Hugh, Lori, & Lucas who were able to be home this year.

One more viewing of "Christmas Vacation" before calling it a night. Officially, Christmas was over, but it is just beginning for our family. My sister & nephew will be here in an hour, so I'm headed to my parents house to spend some time with them!

to be continued....................

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...