Wednesday, December 25, 2013

'tis the season to be jolly {part 1}


The past few weeks have been very busy with shopping and wrapping and decorating and writing cards and planning the holiday menu and baking and church activities and family get togethers. I haven't had much time for blogging, so here is a little December recap......

cookie baking

my new favorite "organizer"

I'm using it to store cookies!! :O)

I love my shutter card holder. It filled up quickly, so I put the rest on a binder ring.

Peter & I spent last weekend in MD, finishing up the shopping and enjoying a few nights in Ocean City.

An awesome ocean view from the top floor of The Dunes Manor {our favorite hotel in O.C.} We stayed there 2 nights in November too.


FOOD: Dinner at Texas Roadhouse on Friday night, breakfast at the hotel on Saturday morning, then lunch at Roly Poly, and dinner at J.R.'s Ribs. We had lunch at Red Lobster on Sunday before heading back home. With us, it's all about the food!!
HIGHLIGHT: Our first visit to........

Yummy......Sweet Frog....WE WILL BE BACK!!!! :O)

The weather was gorgeous {and HOT} on Friday and Saturday,

but we woke up to fog and rain on Sunday morning.


We got home late Sunday evening, just in time for the church's choir cantata. They did an awesome job!
On Monday, we were invited to a TEXAS bbq compliments of Peter {our niece Shelli's BF}.

BEST.STEAK.EVER!!! We also had jalapeno poppers, sausage, baked potatoes, and fresh guacamole w/chips.









Addison showing off her new boots. :O)

We were missing the boys, but it was nice to get together with the rest of our family.
I did some baking when we got home.....Christmas was almost here!

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...