Wednesday, December 11, 2013

an empty-nest Christmas


a 3 a.m. goodbye.....see you on DEC 26th!

Nathan left for work this morning, which means, he won't be home for Christmas! Peter and I will have an empty-nest holiday this year, a first in 25 years without one or both of our boys. We'll celebrate with Nathan the day after Christmas. My sister and nephew will arrive that day also. I'll cook our big Christmas dinner on Friday.
Logan headed back to work today too, he'll get back on the 26th as well, but he and Lindsey probably won't visit us until Sunday the 29th.
Peter and I are planning to attend a few holiday events over the next 2 weeks, but will probably just spend a low-key Christmas Eve/Day at home.
I made some goodies for Nathan to take back on the boat to share.


M&M Cookies

Seven Layer Bars
Mom made him a batch of chocolate covered rice krispy treats and Peter shucked a quart of oysters to send to the crew. At least they'll have a few goodies to enjoy!! Nathan seemed fine with missing Christmas. I'm sure he'd rather be home, but he realizes that this is all part of having a job and becoming a grown-up. He is very organized {and a great shopper}- he bought everyone's gifts online and we wrapped them before he left. I have no clue what he has me. :O) 
I am staying very busy and trying not to think about the quiet holiday we'll have. I am looking forward to spending Christmas with the boys, even if it will be a day late! :O)


 

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...