Friday, March 3, 2017

Plated Review: Cuban Chicken Empanadas w/ Lime Crema


This was my first ever - anything Cuban! I was a little skeptical about this one just because when I think of Cuban food I think spicy or too exotic. OMG----this meal was ah-mazing!!! I'm sure it was a milder version of the authentic Cuban fare, but I just loved the combination of flavors. 

I can't tell you how many times I've looked over the menu from Bongos restaurant at Disney Springs and never booked a meal for us there. It looks like the most fun place and the food sounds delicious, but in the end I always chickened out and put it back on our to-try list. As soon as we get back to WDW, we are trying out some authentic Cuban food at Bongos!!! :O)

About Bongos:
International superstars Emilio and Gloria Estefan introduced the opening of Bongos Cuban Cafe, a blend of authentic Cuban cuisine with the culture of old Havana, presented in a setting that marries tropical deco with the sizzle of South Beach glamour. The builder's triangular architectural design, by the renowned Bernardo Fort Brescia, is dominated by the massive two-story pineapple-shaped adobe structure that fills the skyline of Downtown Disney. No detail was overlooked by well know interior designer Luciano Franchi, from the dazzling mosaic of hand-painted murals evoking old world Cuba of the 1940's and 50's, to the conga drum shaped bar stools. The savory, flavorful, and authentic essence of Cuban cuisine is featured in our menu.




Meal # 3 - Cuban Chicken Empanadas w/ Lime Crema & Avocado


Ingredients

1 red onion
1 plum tomato
1/4 oz. cilantro
2 cloves garlic
1 lime
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
spices {ground cumin, sweet paprika, dried thyme}
1 avocado
3 oz. shredded monterey jack cheese
6 empanada doughs
1/3 cup sour cream
3 oz. baby arugula


Cooking Directions

{HERE}

Read about my other Plated meals....

&

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...