Sunday, March 5, 2017

Shrimp & Grits

I've always wanted to make shrimp & grits and finally gave it a try! 
I've seen tons of recipes, but for my first time, I decided on an easy to make Pinterest version.
Sooooooo yummy!!!!



  1. Cut 2 strips of bacon in small pieces and fry until crispy. Drain on paper towel and set aside. 
  2. Cook 1 cup grits according to package. When done, stir in 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese. Keep warm.
  3. To the pan that you fried bacon in, add 1 cup died onion and 1 T. minced garlic. Cook until translucent. 
  4. Add 1 lb. shrimp (peeled and tails removed), salt & pepper to taste, and 1 T. parsely to the pan. Toss around until shrimp is cooked.
  5. To plate, put grits in a shallow bowl, top with shrimp and garnish with crumbled bacon.
  6. Sprinkle with hot sauce if you like a little heat.



No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...