I've always wanted to make shrimp & grits and finally gave it a try!
I've seen tons of recipes, but for my first time, I decided on an easy to make Pinterest version.
- Cut 2 strips of bacon in small pieces and fry until crispy. Drain on paper towel and set aside.
- Cook 1 cup grits according to package. When done, stir in 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese. Keep warm.
- To the pan that you fried bacon in, add 1 cup died onion and 1 T. minced garlic. Cook until translucent.
- Add 1 lb. shrimp (peeled and tails removed), salt & pepper to taste, and 1 T. parsely to the pan. Toss around until shrimp is cooked.
- To plate, put grits in a shallow bowl, top with shrimp and garnish with crumbled bacon.
- Sprinkle with hot sauce if you like a little heat.