Saturday, March 24, 2018

Our Disney Vacation 2018 - Day 2 [Disney Springs]

Thursday, March 15, 2018
Day 2 - continued

[Disney Springs]

Check in was easy as I had done online check-in. We were in JAZZ section again, this time on the second floor facing the courtyard in room 2503, only one section from the buses, pool, and food court. A few things had changed since we were there in 2016, one thing being they offered opting out of daily "mousekeeping" and getting a $50 Disney gift card instead....um, sure! You could still call for towels and shampoo, etc when needed and have your wet towels picked up. We aren't messy people when traveling and I sure don't mind making my own bed--which btw, was once again the most comfortable king size bed you ever slept in!!!! 

We parked the SUV and took our luggage to our room. We hadn't made a dinner reservation as we weren't sure what time we'd arrive, so I had a great place in mind that was counter service credits but table service quality (or so I had read). :O) 

We officially started our vacation as we got in line for our first bus ride! I can't tell you how exciting that feeling is. The weather was amazing, the perfect night to roam around Disney Springs!



Peter is always game for anything, which I love, because I read so many reviews and I like trying out new things.


I had read excellent reviews about The Polite Pig and it definitely lived up to every word! 
This is a counter service restaurant with table service quality food. We both chose the Baby Back Ribs which came with jalapeño corn bread, slaw, and one side. I picked the sweet potato tots w/parmesan cheese, and Peter chose the Mac & Cheese, and crispy Brussels sprouts (which were delish!) Peter got a Coke, I got lemonade. 
Total= $49.76 (or *2 CS credits)

This was an excellent value and was absolutely delicious! We will definitely return in the future.

We browsed through some shops for some future purchases, then I wanted to find another to-do on my list.

Sprinkles Cupcakes ATM




This was so cool!! :O)


Peter got the coconut and I tried the Red Velvet. YUMMMMM!!!!!

Total: $11.00 +tax /OOP

As we made our way to the bus stop, we stopped to listen to the DJ and watch everyone dance. 
We love Disney Springs and went back several times during our stay to dine, shop, and enjoy some of the entertainment offered there. 

What a great start to our trip!!! 



No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...