Friday, March 23, 2018

Our Disney Vacation 2018 - Day 1 + 2 (Travel)

I say this every year, but I think this was our best trip to Disney yet (although one of our most memorable will always be the year we went with both the boys) but every year we go back proves to be even better than the year before. This year's trip was perfect.... the weather was amazing, the food was wonderful, and the trip was just so fun and relaxing. It was just what we needed!! I took lots of pictures (again) that I can't wait to post along with the details of each day's adventures! A big part of any vacation (for me) is the planning and then a trip report afterwards. :O) I like to include details that might be helpful to others who are planning a trip to Walt Disney World, as I always find reading trip reports very beneficial when planning ours! This was my 10th Florida trip, and it was just as exciting as if it were my very first time and while we did many repeat favorite things, once again, we found lots of new things to do as well. So let's get started......I have so much to share! :O)

Wednesday March 14, 2018
Day 1 -Travel Day

Last year's trip fell though, so it had been two years since our last trip to WDW. I wasn't sure it was even going to happen this year, since Peter isn't as excited about traveling anymore as he is away for work so much. But right after Thanksgiving we started discussing the possibility of (a) a vacation, and (b) where to?? Of course, my heart was in Disney, so ultimately, we both agreed that we wanted to return. Next was the when? We decided on March once the schedule came out when Peter would do his 3 week hitch and then have 3 weeks off. The date for crew change was March 14th and Peter wanted to book it right at the beginning of his time off. We booked March 15-21, driving down again instead of flying this time. Sounds good to me! My birthday is March 20th, so I would celebrate my actual birthday this time!! Fast forward to March 13th, I went over on the evening boat and spent the night with Lindsey and Kamry. Nathan was there as well, as he usually stays there the night before crew change. We had a nice visit and it was a good way to ease into vacation mode. The next day Lindsey took me to Pocomoke to get some travel snacks and a few things I needed for our trip and to meet up with Peter who was traveling down from NY. 

Peter was very tired as he had been up all night then had gotten a ride from NY to Philly where his truck was parked. Then, he had to drive down to pick me up in Pocomoke before we could start our drive south. We would stop at several rest stops along the way so Peter could get a power nap. 

We stopped for dinner at Cracker Barrel around 7:00 in Roanoke Rapids, NC. We decided to drive a bit farther and stop for the night and finish the drive the next day. We weren't set to check in until then anyway, so we didn't need to rush. 

Thursday, March 15, 2018
Day 2 - Travel

We stayed at Comfort Suites in Wilson, NC and while we loved the room, it was super noisy. It must have gotten better because the next thing I knew the alarm was going off. We loaded up on coffee and hit the rode around 6 a.m......

South of the Border! 46 degrees!!

We're in Georgia! 60 degrees!!

FLORIDA!!!! 66 degrees!!

we were getting closer and then this..............

It took us a longer than planned but we were finally here!!!!!!

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...