Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Our 2018 Disney Vacation - Day 3 [Animal Kingdom part 2]

Friday, March 16, 2018
Day 3 - Animal Kingdom [part two]

After my ride on Everest, we got frappes from Joffrey's.
$12.00 [or *2 SC]

Our fast passes for Festival of the Lion King were now ripe, so we headed that way to get in line for the show. We have seen this many times, but it never disappoints.







Next on my agenda, ride Flight of Passage!!!!

Only problem.....the wait time was 180 minutes!!!!! Never have I ever waited in line that long in my life! BUTTTTTT......I just had to ride! Peter on the other hand would not wait that long, plus our phone was dead, so he went back to the resort. I have no pictures as I didn't have his phone (mine is a tracfone LOL so it isn't great with pictures).

The wait time was actually 2 hours and 20 minutes which is still a long time to wait, but Flight of Passage was worth every minute I waited!!!!!

(I also think Peter would have gotten motion sick. He loves Soarin' and while FoP is similar in it's like you are flying, FoP is much more real and more extreme.)

By the time I got off the ride, we were very close to our ADR time at Homecoming at Disney Springs. So instead of going back to the resort to meet up with Peter, I called and told him I'd just catch the bus directly to Disney Springs (you can do this from the parks after 4 p.m.) and he could get the bus from the resort.

We were only a few minutes late for our ADR, and were soon seated.
This meal would be one of our favorites!!!

Chef Art Smith's Homecoming restaurant review {HERE}



After dinner, I wanted to go back to the park for a few hours to ride a few more rides since the park would be open until 10:00. Peter isn't a rider, so he decided to ride out to Dick's to get some shoes, but by the time he got back to the resort it was getting late due to the slowest bus ride of the trip! 

I had gotten a fast pass for Dinosaur so I rode that first, then hurried over for one last ride on Expedition Everest! The single rider line was closed for the day, but they let me pass through in the fast pass line!! This was my first time riding in the dark! It was AWESOME!!!

By now, the park was nearing closing time and Rivers of Light Show was starting. I stopped to watch a little before getting on the bus.

What a first park great day!!!!! :O) :O) :O)

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...