Monday, March 26, 2018

Disney Dining: Chef Art Smith's Homecoming


@ Disney Springs


Appetizer: Bee Haven Bay Fried Green Tomatoes 
- with shaved ham, remoulade sauce, & dressed local greens

We both chose Art's Fabulous Fried Chicken (and it was fabulous!)
Chef Art Smith's signature dish! Buttermilk-brined for 24 hours then perfectly fried and served with creamy mashed potatoes, cheddar drop biscuit and love

We also got the Cucumber Salad and Collard Greens. 
[The collard greens were some of the best we've ever had!]

Dessert
Now, while planning our ADRs, I had seen that Hummingbird Cake was on the menu. I really love Hummingbird Cake and fully intended to get this for dessert.....but....I was soooooo full, and when I saw the size of the cake slices!
and it was served with vanilla bean ice cream & fruit gastrique 

I opted for the Homemade Mini Sugar Donuts to go instead!

Peter chose the Shine CakeChef Art's signature dessert. An adult-only butter cake soaked with moonshine syrup, served with seasonal fruit gastrique and a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.

This was amazing!!

This meal was true Southern cooking at it's best! 
I highly recommend Chef Art Smith's Homecoming restaurant!!!
*****



No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...