Sunday, May 24, 2015

thrift store finds {before & after}

I picked up this little wooden cutting board for 50 cents at a thrift store a few months ago.

before:
 
I gave it a coat of dark stain.....
 
after:
LOVE!!
 
I'm on the lookout for a few more cutting boards, as I eventually want to do something like this on the counter.....
 
nice way to keep cooking essentials handy without appearing as clutter
 
Another thing I picked up, was this vintage lantern....
 
 
I originally thought about whitewashing it or, you guessed it, putting some dark stain on it, but Peter suggested leaving it be, and I agree, it looks perfect as is!
 
 
I wanted something for the top of the armoire in our bedroom. It looks perfect there (I just need to add a candle)!

 
I found a similar lantern at Pottery Barn, of course, much more than what I paid.
 
source

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...