Sunday, August 14, 2011

Weekend Catch Up

Wow! What a difference a week makes. This time last week I posted that Logan would be getting off the boat on Wednesday, and wanted to look for a place to live. Well, he did get off on Weds, and I met him on Thursday and after looking at only 3 places, he found the perfect apartment and signed the papers!! He found a beautiful, spacious 2 bedroom/ 2 bathroom apartment in MD that was move in ready that day!!!! In the beginning, he had thought he wanted a single family home, but he thought more about only being home 2 weeks out of the month, and decided that an apartment would suit his needs better. He came home on Friday to pack up all of his stuff and yesterday Peter & I helped him move into his very own place. We pretty much cried the entire way up the highway as we followed behind him. We stopped by Walmart so that he could pick up some things he needed like a vacuum cleaner, shower curtains, towels, etc. and we gave him his birthday $$ early and he picked out his dishes, silverware, & pots and pans. After unloading all of the stuff, Peter & Logan headed to Best Buy since he needed to buy the most important thing for his new place....the tv and surround sound. He ended up with a 55" LED. :O) I stayed behind and started setting things up. I had pretty much finished everything by the time they got back. We headed out with him to do some furniture shopping. He bought a really nice sofa, end table and coffee table, console table, and a night stand for his bedroom. Best of all, they delivered the same day!!!
It was such a bittersweet day.....we are so excited for him, but Peter and I had several teary moments. It was a hard day! For those of you who have had children move away from home, you know exactly how I'm feeling!!! It's a strange feeling, I'm really not sad, as I am so excited and happy for him, and I am so lucky that things worked out that he was able to live at home with us so long, but it is such an empty, sad feeling that keeps coming over me. Everyone tells me that it gets better, I sure hope so!! We are so proud of him, and happy for him, just really miss not having him around!!

On another note, Nathan is ready to move into his room...like now! Hopefully, tomorrow, I can get in there and pack up all the stuff Logan left behind {he had wayyyy too much stuff!!!}. Then maybe we can start working on making it Nathan's room. I think the makeover will help- because right now going in there makes me really sad! :O( Nathan starts his student driving on Tuesday {can this Mom have any more transitions to go through this week????}. He's a little nervous, but I know he'll be just fine.
Peter has to take his Mom to Baltimore tomorrow. Her sister is having surgery and she wants to be with her. Please keep her in your prayers as she has a 6+ hour surgery to face. They will be spending the night, so I'm hoping Nathan & I can have movie night or do something fun together-just the 2 of us!
Whew....just typing this is making me tired! What a busy time here at our house....and I didn't even mention how hectic work is!!!

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...