Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday- Aug 23 - Beds

Top Ten Tuesday
We got rid of our oversized matchy-matchy bedroom furniture set a few years ago and replaced the bed with new mattresses and a queen bed frame....no headboard. While Peter thinks no bed is complete without a headboard, I'm perfectly fine without one. He keeps mentioning the fact that we "need" a headboard....so, I have been on the lookout for one.....something different though...not your usual standard wooden bed. I found these options on Pinterest. Some of them are DIY projects....very "one of a kind"..... perfect! Here are 10 headboards that I like...now to convince Peter:
The first 2 headboards are made from old mantles...I {heart} these!!!
This one is made from an old paneled door:I believe this one is from Pottery Barn....love an upholstered headboard:Love that the top of this one is wide enough to hold lamps, etc:Love the use of board & batten as the headboard:Okay, so I will bend a little for this traditional wrought iron bed....gorgeous!gotta love this beautiful upholstered headboard:Just love this tufted headboard, it would work beautifully in our bedroom. The colors in our room are mocha/light jade/light tan/beige......perfect!!I threw in this picture since I'm working on redoing Nathan's room....love the old painted doors for a headboard.

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...