Friday, August 5, 2011

5Q Friday Aug 5

1. Do you have siblings and are you close with them? I have one sister, Julie. I am 4 years older than her. I can still remember when Mom & Dad brought her home from the hospital, I wouldn't come inside the house until they took her back. We were different from day one- I was always the serious one, she was our little "free spirit". I think she thought I was Mom's twin, as Mom and I are so much alike. Growing up, we were the classic opposite personalities. She was adventurous and always getting into things, and I was miss goody two shoes {or so she thought!}. I have some wonderful memories from our childhood, but we did have our rough times too. We never seemed to have too much in common, and I know it must have felt at times that she had another Mom instead of a sister. Thankfully though, over the years, we have grown so much closer and appreciate each other for who we each are. She is such a sweet & loving person, and her "free spirit" from her younger days has turned into a gentle spirit today. Everyone she comes into contact with adores her, especially the older ladies that she cares for. One quality that I admire most about her is, she nevers talks bad about anyone! I wish I could say the same! She keeps her opinions to herself....if only I could learn to do that. She is such a wonderful mom, daughter, friend, & sister!!! I love her sooooo much!!!
2. Would you rather be slightly UNDER weight or slightly OVER weight? Is this a trick question??? Who wants to be overweight...even slightly??
3. What's your favorite State Fair food to splurge on?
LOVE~LOVE~LOVE Funnel Cakes!!!!
4. What are your thoughts on your kid(s) going to school in a few weeks? Summer is going by way too fast. I love our summer schedule and I enjoy having Nathan home. I like the laid back feel of summer! I know how heavy the classload will be for him this year {he's a junior!!!} and just having to be on such a tight schedule-he's not quite ready to go back just yet. We'll enjoy the next 4 weeks of summer vacation to the fullest, then, back to school it is!
5. Pool or Ocean
? I prefer the ocean....love the beach!!

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...