Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thoughtful Thursday ~ Aug 11

Last night Peter and I watched the movie
Soul Surfer.
All I can say is WOW! What an awesome, moving, and inspiring movie!! I highly recommend it to all - be sure to watch!! I really want Nathan to watch it too- it's a must see for all youth!


SOUL SURFER is the inspiring true story of teen surfer Bethany Hamilton, who lost her arm
in a shark attack and courageously overcame all odds to become a champion again, through her sheer determination and unwavering faith. The film features an all-star cast, including
AnnaSophia Robb and Helen Hunt, with Carrie Underwood in her film debut, and Dennis Quaid. In the wake of this life-changing event that took her arm and nearly her life, Bethany's feisty determination and steadfast beliefs spur her toward an adventurous comeback that gives her the grit to turn her loss into a gift for others.


A favorite quote and Bible verse from the movie:

"It's hard to look at things that are too close."



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jeremiah 29:11{NKJV}
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

1 comment:

That's Life said...

That movie was amazing. What a inspirational young lady she is. God works in amazing ways, doesn't he Have a good weekend! (Stopping in from Design it Chic)

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...