Wednesday, July 4, 2018

H*A*P*P*Y F*O*U*R*T*H

07.04.18

I was feeling all sorry for myself this morning because I just love, love the 4th of July and it's Peter's year to work it. But that quickly changed after going to the Prayer Breakfast this morning. Mom had the message and oh how it blessed me (and the breakfast was awesome too)! 
Thank you Lord for all the little things you put in my path each day! 


this breakfast!!! yummy

<3 <3 <3 


I had to work until 1:30, but after that I called Mom to see if she wanted to do a TI day
......gift shops, golf cart ride, and ice cream!


I ended up with a funnel cake & cherry slushy! 
yummmm



There is a tiny blackberry patch next door to laundry at work, 
I'm beginning to think this might be the only berry picking I'll get to do again this year!

I have never had a 4th of July like today....usually, I'm busy making a huge spread and getting things ready to throw on the grill. Definitely no time to browse shops and hang out with my Mom. While I was bummed it wasn't my usual 4th of July tradition, today has been a fun, relaxing day.

Since it was just me for dinner, I made the Old Bay Shrimp Po Boys & Homemade Potato Chips I had chosen for my Plated shipment this time. It sounded like a great 4th of July treat and it was!!! 


Kayla had asked if I wanted to go out on the boat with her, Liv, and kids, so after everyone ate, we headed to the beach for a few hours.

 <3 <3 <3





Me--LOL
photo credit: jenny






 


I got a shower and thought about riding out to see the fireworks, but I was ready to call it a day! I did walk down the lane to get a picture or two. 


While I was sad Peter wasn't here to celebrate this year, I had made the best of today and enjoyed a whole new way of celebrating the 4th of July! 

Check out our past 4th of July festivities! 

4th of July Archives







No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...