Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!!!!

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

Happy 4th of July!!! Hope everyone has a safe and happy day! I spent the morning preparing some of the food for our dinner, before heading to work. What a busy, busy, busy {yes, that busy!!!}, weekend it has been! Got off work by 2:00 and came home to finish getting ready for our 4th of July gathering. Mom, Dad, & nephew Derek, joined Peter, Nathan, & I for a cookout at our house. Logan is away at work, but he called to wish us a Happy 4th. We had a wonderful dinner! Peter grilled the chicken, burgers, hot dogs, & brats...YUM!! Mom and I made baked macaroni & cheese, deviled eggs, crabcakes, corn on the cob, baked beans, onion dip/chips, brownies and we bought some coleslaw, potato salad, and a watermelon. It was sooooo good! I'm glad Dad was feeling well enough to enjoy dinner as he is recovering from his recent hospital stay and is awaiting surgery. {I made a Flag Cake for dessert}



It was nice to get together with everyone! After dinner, we cleaned up and packed away the leftovers {which we'll enjoy tomorrow}, Peter, Nathan, & I headed to the beach for awhile. Nathan stayed a little longer with some friends, but Peter and I came back early after our ride on the beach on the 4 wheeler. The fire dept. will do the fireworks tonight around 9pm, so we'll go out to watch. What a great day!{A lady on our street made this out of clam shells...cute!}







1 comment:

Kirsten @ Mushki Loves said...

Hi! I am your newest follower! I would love it if you stopped by check it out and become my newest follower! Have a great 4th!

Kirsten ;)
www.mushkiloves.blogspot.com

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...