Wednesday, July 6, 2016

4th of July 2016



So, another holiday....ALONE! We love celebrating the 4th of July and always make a ton of food (even when it's just the 2 of us) and go out on the boat. This year, it was just me, but I still tried to make the best of it. I was so glad that I went to the beach on Saturday though, because Sunday and Monday were pretty much a wash out!!



Even though it was just me, I wanted to make some yummy food. Of course, there was the traditional onion dip & Chicken in a Biskit crackers.



I wanted something different for the main dish and decided to try out a Low Country Boil recipe. YUM!! 


foil packet: 
shrimp, sausage slices, fresh corn on the cob, red potatoes, and Old Bay. 
Drizzle with olive oil and bake. 
Super easy and super yummy!!

And......my red, white, & blue snack/dessert!




It rained until after 6, so I skipped the beach and waited for the fireworks.








I'll be honest and say, this year wasn't my favorite....
but I managed to make the best of my 4th of July for One!



4th of July Archives







No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...