Friday, April 4, 2014

post #1,000......


I can't believe I've done 1,000 posts! When I started my blog back in January of 2011, I had no idea how much enjoyment I would get from blogging. I thought for my 1,000th post, I'd do a little blog review, with some stats on my blog, and do a flashback to see what's been going on over the years.

I have 105 followers, but also have several family members and friends that read my blog. I have debated going private, since there are times when I don't really feel free to write what I'm feeling or thinking, but for now, I'm keeping it public for anyone to read. I have even at times thought about going the opposite route and start promoting my blog to try to get more followers, but I think that would just put more pressure on me and make blogging less "fun".

My blog has been viewed almost 100,000 times! My Freezer Cooking- Round 2 post got 262 page views, and I've had 680 comments made on my posts.

I try to post several times a week, but slack at times, when my life is just too busy. I try very hard to make time for blogging!

One of my favorite things about having a blog is being able to look back and see what was going on here at our house or what our family was doing. I also love having a place to save pictures to go back and look through.

Here's a little flashback from the beginning of my blog until now......

I actually tried blogging in February 2010, but didn't follow through. It wasn't until the next year, on January 6, 2011, that I started this blog. I only posted 6 times that month, all cooking posts, and didn't make another post until April 2011- but have posted faithfully ever since.

Thursday, April 7, 2011
My very first DIY post - framed chalkboard


Total posts 2011= 288

Monday, April 16, 2012
This was a "good things" post - one of those being after 4 years and 3 months.....Nathan's braces came off!!!

The day they were put on....he looked so little!
Total posts 2012= 290


2013: This time last year, we had a major life event going on in our family......
Nathan was graduating!!! 
one of my proudest moments as a parent!
I was also busy organizing the house and working on lots of DIY projects. One of my {our} favorite projects from last year was our patio project!!! It has provided hours of enjoyment and we spent a big part of our summer out there relaxing, grilling, eating, and bird watching!

Saturday, April 20, 2013 



Total posts 2013= 341

2014: That brings me to this year.....

Besides a vacation in Florida and doing a little makeover to the house, so far this year has been all about the wedding!!!! 


We are all very excited about the big day......which is now just 43 days away!!!

Total posts so far in 2014= 81

Looking forward to see what the rest of this year holds......and blogging about it along the way! Now, to start working on post #1,001......

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...