Thursday, April 24, 2014

The Simple Woman's Day Book: April

April 2014



Outside my window: sunny, breezy, chilly, spring day
-The sunsets this week have been amazing....the colors of the sky have been brilliant shades of yellow, orange, red....
from my kitchen window


I am thinking: about all things wedding!!! Countdown: 23 days!!

I am thankful for: my job!! As much as I love to be able to stay home all winter, I am anxious to get back to work. This is my 12th season and I am just as excited this.year as I was the first.  Today was day 4 of the "spring cleaning" part. First guests scheduled for next Friday, May 2 {{{PROM}}}.

In the kitchen: clam chowder for dinner tonight.
-I had to make a sweet bread for the Sunrise Breakfast on Easter Sunday, so I went back to a Pinterest recipe I tried awhile back.....

3-Ingredient banana bread 
{w/ chocolate chips and walnuts}

Just mix together 1 box yellow cake mix (dry), 3 or4 ripe bananas, & 2 eggs. Fold.in chocolate chips (I used mini) and chopped walnuts. Delish!
Makes 1 regular loaf, 1 small loaf, and 6 muffins.

I am wearing: my jammies......

I am creating: lists.....wedding lists, cleaning lists, b&b lists, to-do lists for home/work, grocery lists,....

I am looking forward to: MAY.....the b&b opening on 5/01, Prom on 5/02,  going to MD for the shower 5/03-04, Mother's Day 5/11, WEDDING 5/17, Memorial Weekend 5/24-26.

Around the house:
I love my "new" coffee table!



A favorite quote of the day:
so not a morning person!


One of my favorite things:
Football!!!


The 2014 NFL Schedule was released yesterday......guess who's going to Charlotte in October????

Bears vs. Panthers - Sunday, October 5th @ Bank of America Stadium!!! Can't wait to go back!
#tbt Bears/ Panthers game 2010 

.....so anxious for football to start again!

Countdown to October 5 (football game // b&b season ends) = 164 days!



No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...