recipe credit: Jenny Can Cook
one rack of baby back ribs
half of one lemon
1/4 cup rub (see recipe below)
1/2 cup bbq sauce (your own recipe or any bottled brand)
Make your own rub:
1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 tsp. each chili powder and sweet paprika (I only had regular paprika), 1 tsp. each dry mustard and oregano, 1/2 tsp. each garlic powder and onion powder, 1/4 tsp. pepper. (I didn't have onion powder, but I added 1/4 tsp. cumin).
Whisk together and store in a jar.
1. Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Remove skin off back if ribs. Lift with a sharp knife and pull off with a paper towel.
3. Cut ribs into individual pieces.
4. Rub ribs with lemon juice.
5. Coat ribs with rub and place meat side down in pan lined with foil.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 2-1/2 hours.
7. Remove from oven and pour off liquid.
8. Brush ribs with bbq sauce.
9. Grill for about 10-12 minutes. I put ribs on our grill pan, lined with foil, sprayed with pan spray. Peter basted and turned several times.
They really were fall-off-the-bone tender and so good!
recipe source: HubPages
(my version below)
2-1/2 ~3 lb. fresh string beans
4 slices bacon
2 cups chicken broth ( I used 2 cups boiling water + 2 chicken bouillon cubes dissolved)
1 tsp. seasoned salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 onion (sliced very thin)
1. Wash beans and cut off ends. Cut in half. Set aside.
2. Cut bacon in small pieces and fry over medium heat. Do not drain.
3. Add beans to pan and toss to coat.
4. Add chicken broth and seasonings.
5. Cover pan and cook for 30 minutes.
6. Add sliced onion and cook 30 minutes longer.
As if we didn't have enough calories already, Peter wanted Cheesy Bread too!