Saturday, April 12, 2014

more freezer and crock pot cooking

I tried another new crock pot recipe today and it was soooooooo good!!

Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin

1 boneless pork loin
1-1/2 tsp. sage
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
3/4 cup water

Glaze

3/4 cup brown sugar
2 T. corn starch
1/4 cup + 2 T. balsamic vinegar
3/4 cup juice from crock pot
3 T. soy sauce

Combine sage, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Rub over roast and put in crock pot with water.
Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
About 1 hour before roast is done, combine glaze ingredients in a saucepan.
Heat and stir until mixture thickens. Brush roast with glaze 2-3 times during last hour of cooking.  Remove from pan and shred pork. Pour remaining glaze over pork before serving.
D*E*L*I*S*H

On Thursday, I finished up that last of the freezer meals that I had made over the winter. We had the Chicken Cacciatore. Here's a review.....
Thaw, dump contents of bag in the crock pot, and add 1 cup chicken broth. Cook on low for 5-6 hours. Sauce thickens as it cooks. Serve over hot pasta with parmesan cheese. 
Very good!!

I'm planning on making more freezer meals which will come in handy when I start back to work {{{which is in just over a week}}}.
Today I made a pan of Honey Mustard Pork Chops. This is a repeat recipe from last fall. Very tasty!


Freezer Cooking Inventory
1. Honey Mustard Pork Chops 


No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...