Monday, April 30, 2012

Drab to Fab: Painted Flower Pots

I saw the cutest painted flower pots on Pinterest that I just had to copy. I really love the fun polka dotted pots and the bright colors, so I decided to give my drab looking pots a much needed spruce up! Mom had some paint left from her front door project, so I decided to go with that color {Maple Leaf by Behr}. I already had one pot filled with vinca vine, so I just gave it a fresh coat of paint and added some pretty zinnias. Here is the before/after:



 Next, I painted a smaller pot the same color, but for this one, I added some big, white polka dots.
The tutorial suggested using the cardboard tube from a roll of toilet paper to make the dots, but that was a bit flimsy, so I used a small biscuit cutter. I then took a small brush and filled in the circles with white paint.
I didn't quite finish my project today, because I had to stop to fix dinner and then prom decorating at 6 p.m. All I have left though is to fill the pot, and then I will post pictures! I'm going to put the polka dotted one on the front step, and I'm keeping the larger one on the walkway. They really turned out great!

update 5/01/12: I snapped a picture this morning through the window....turned out pretty good, huh?


NOTE: I remembered that you can buy sample sizes of paint at Lowes or Home Depot. The 8 oz. sample would probably cover several pots- a very inexpensive way to spruce up your old pots with some beautiful, new colors!
sample size - $2.94 each {Home Depot}

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pots look great. Most of mine have been painted by my son but when I get some more I'll be doing them by myself :) x

beagleAnnie said...

Hi Susan,
You are so talented! Miracle change. It has turned into a charming pot.

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...