Monday, April 23, 2012

5Q Friday...on Monday!

I'm not even going to begin to make excuses as to why I've neglected my blog since last Weds! Let's just blame it on.......oh well, LIFE! :O) My life is just crazy, busy right now, but in a good kind of way..LOL! Hopefully, I'll get my act together, and keep on blogging! I love doing 5Q Friday, but I'm just now getting around to it, and I did notice that the linky was closed, but I'm posting it anyway. :O)

1. Groceries are high right now what is easiest way you have found to cut back?
I am paying way too much for groceries these day. It's my own fault though....not planning menus for the week, not being organized enough to know what I have on hand in the pantry and freezers, going to the grocery store numerous times a week, these are all reasons why I'm not saving the money I should in the grocery area. I have done the meal planning, and the coupons/sales, so I know how much I can save on groceries, yet I let my busy life get me in a rut. This is an area I have been trying to do better in, because I know it is doable, so I am seriously going to try to do these few things to cut back on the grocery budget:
  1. Plan a menu for the week
  2. Do inventory of my pantry and freezers and use up some of the things I have on hand.
  3. Make less trips to the store/stick to note when I do go.
  4. Try buying only what I need for the week, instead of trying to "stock up".
2. What are the top 3 things on your "bucket list"? The same 3 things that were on the bucket list last year:
  1. Zip-Line
  2. Take a cooking class.
  3. Go horseback riding on the beach.

3. Would you rather give up AC or heat? I'm convinced I'm about to change life{yippeee..said in my most sarcastic voice} LOL.....so NO heat please...crank up that a/c!!! :O)
STAY COOL!
4. What's your favorite cocktail?? I don't have one...
5. What was your first job & how old were you? I was probably about 10. I delivered newspapers. :O)

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...