Tuesday, February 27, 2018

the RAE DUNN craze continues.......


Hey, I found this really awesome Etsy listing at https://www.etsy.com/listing/294251371/ill-never-be-dunn-sign-sign-kitchen-sign

I shared a post last year about the Rae Dunn pottery obsession and my thoughts on collecting it,  hunting for it in Home Goods, Marshalls, and TJ Maxx and how crazy those little white mugs with LL [large letters] seem to be making everyone these days!

When I wrote my post last year I was quite frustrated...mostly with those who have "the inside scoop" with the employees at the stores or just plain out "stalk" the stores to grab up everything on delivery days. I got quite a few comments on my last Rae Dunn post, mostly from frustrated store employees who are at their wits end and pretty much over the whole Rae Dunn craziness! I can honestly say that while I felt last year that the employees were in fact giving certain customers the heads up [and told me so out of their own mouths] about new RD arrivals at their store, I have gotten different vibes and had better experiences lately in my local stores.

This time last year, I was lucky to find a single mug out of 2-3 stores, but over the past few months, there have been numerous pieces popping up including LL mugs and bowls, LOTS of holiday items, and even some unicorn and regular line items like Kayla's COOKIES find a few weeks ago.

Image may contain: stripes

We hit the jackpot, when Kayla, Liv, and I scouted 2 Marshalls + 2 Homegoods several times in one day. On our very last minute pop in visit at Marshalls Kayla spotted HIP HOP canisters on the cart through the store room window!!!! YES! We were officially one of "those" Rae Dunn crazies/stalkers who hangs out by the storeroom door, trying to look all cool and calm, but going ballistic when we spot something on our wish list!! It was hilarious when I (a) scurried all over the store looking for an associate to "help" us and ultimately finding one and literally running her back to the store room and (b) that we literally jumped up and down when she brought out not one, but two HIP HOP canisters plus all these other spring/Easter goodies!!!!

[we all 3 shared a cart- although only a couple of pieces are Livs 
since she isn't completely sold on it yet!]

So, now that I've been on the other end, and have actually walked in the Rae Dunn scavengers shoes, I somehow feel differently about finding hidden gems on a average shopping day. And I want to give a huge shout out to that very nice associate at Marshall's! :O)

I'm excited to keep hunting for Rae Dunn goodies....focusing mainly on the LL mugs and canisters and a few holiday pieces to add to my collection....that's not much to ask for now is it??? LOL

side note: Hobby Lobby will now carry Rae Dunn items!!! As of now, it will only be glassware and tinware -neither of which I have any in my collection....yet! :O)


No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...