Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Pioneer Woman: Chicken Piccata


02.19.18

CHICKEN PICCATA

The recipe I chose for February from my new Pioneer Woman cook book [Come and Get It], was Chicken Piccata

This has been something I have wanted to try but the capers always kept me away! 
While looking for a recipe to try this month, I was happy to find that PW's recipe omits the capers while still sticking to the original creamy, lemony sauce for the chicken piccata.
It was easy to make and very tasty! I served it over pasta, but mashed potatoes was also suggested.

DELISH!!

Ingredients: 

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup flour
4 T butter
4 T olive oil
1 cup white wine or chicken broth (I used broth)
3/4 cup chicken broth
juice of 2 lemons 
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 - 2 tsp parsley
[pasta]

Cooking instructions:

1) If chicken breasts are overly thick, pound until slightly flattened. Season with salt & pepper on both sides, then dredge them in the flour.

2) Shake off excess flour and set aside.

3) In a large skillet, heat 2 T oil and 2 T butter, cooking 2 breasts at a time. 

4) Cook until golden brown and cooked through. Repeat with the remains two. Transfer to plate and set aside.

5) Pour in the wine, chicken broth, and lemon juice. Whisk the sauce, scanning the bottom of the pan to loosen up all the flavorful bits. Let the sauce cook and bubble and thicken until reduced by half.

6) Add the cream, salt and pepper, and whisk the sauce, letting it cook for a few minutes to thicken.

7) Stir in parsley, taste to adjust seasoning. It will be very lemony so you can add a little more cream (which I did, along with thickening my sauce a little more with a tsp. of corn starch).

8) Plate & Enjoy!

YUMMMMM!!!

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...