Friday, January 15, 2016

winter get-aways.....

I met Peter last Wednesday, for a couple of nights off before he came home for his 2 weeks. This is our new normal (which I love!), and we look forward to dinner & a movie and some shopping or just driving around to different places. On Wednesday, Kayla and I had breakfast at Circle Inn, then she gave me a ride to Salisbury where I met up with Peter. We had a few errands to run.
my cool car wash photo :O)

We did some shopping, had dinner at Texas Roadhouse, and saw "Daddy's Home" (funny!!) at the movies.

We intended to come back on Thursday, but Peter had a few more things to do. We had lunch at Ponzetti's....(it was as good as I remembered and those were the best onion rings I ever ate!)




We met up with Charles & Debra for dinner at Outback later that night. We have been trying to get together for awhile, so it worked out nice that they were off for the night too. We had a great dinner and lots of laughs. :O)

Peter wanted to go again this week, so yesterday we headed back to Salisbury! We used our rewards points this time at Sleep Inn. It has been triple points since November, so we had racked up enough for a free night...well, almost free, we paid $15 because we were a few points short. I can't stress enough getting the rewards card for the hotel you love. Since October, we have earned a FREE night, a 15% off night (just for leaving feedback on Tripadvisor), and an almost free night. We really love staying there, since they now recognize us when we walk in! :O)

Peter wanted me to try Jersey Mike's Subs for lunch (we are on a sub kick lately). It was sooooo good! I compared sub places on my Taste & See blog. Post HERE.



We drove to O.C. and I stopped in TJMaxx on my quest to find Valentine's Day themed Rae Dunn trays. No luck! (I tried Marshall's too) I only found mugs in both locations, which were so cute, but I have enough mugs (for now!).

RAE DUNN- Magenta Inc:  XOXO platterRAE DUNN-MAGENTA INC- LOVE Platter
 
 
 
We had thought about having dinner at Sunset Grille, on our way back, but it was closed! Bummer! :O( We ended up at Outback again. Then, we made the mistake of choosing a movie on a whim! We almost chose The Revenant, but ended up going to The Hateful Eight. What possessed me to even suggest it!!!!!!!!!!! It was HORRIBLE!!!!

The Hateful Eight (2015) Poster
 
We have now made a pact that we will not see any movie unless we have done our research! Lesson learned!
 
We had a quick lunch at Panera this morning, before heading home. We took Lindsey lunch at work (and a little baby gift....so fun browsing the baby section!!). She is super tiny, but has this cute little "bump"! :O) :O) Hopefully, we'll find out the sex in a few weeks. Shopping for gender-neutral stuff isn't near as much fun as looking for all things pink...or blue! :O)
 


No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY đŸ—“️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...