Wednesday, January 13, 2016

smoothie recipes #1

We are loving the new Nutribullet! I stocked up on smoothie ingredients and found some new recipes on Pinterest....here are a few we tried this week:



Blueberry Mango Smoothie

1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 banana (frozen)
1/2 cup fresh mango
1/4 of a lemon (peeled)
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup water
drizzle of honey

 
 
Green Smoothie
 
1 cup spinach
1/2 cup fresh pineapple
1/2 tangerine
1/2 frozen banana
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 tsp. chia seeds

(I froze the rest of the pineapple, I think this smoothie would have been even better/colder with frozen pineapple in it).
 
 
 
Aloha Pineapple Smoothie
 
 1/2 cup strawberries
1/2 cup frozen pineapple
1/2 banana
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
1 cup ice
 
(this one was a little thicker because all the fruits were frozen +ice added)
DELISH!!!
 
 
Prep Ahead: I have lots of smoothie recipes that call for kale. I saw this idea for freezing kale so it won't ruin before using it all. Blend in Nutribullet (may need to add a little water), then pour into muffin cups and freeze. Once frozen, pop out and put in zipoc bags.
Great idea!
 
Prep Ahead Kale Smoothie:
source: Pinterest
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...