Friday, December 5, 2014

Blogmas 2014 - Day 5 Favorite Christmas Food

 
My favorite Christmas food is stollen bread.
 
I actually only discovered my obsession with it a few years ago, but it is now one of the first things I buy when the Christmas holiday rolls around. I found this box at Big Lots, and it is just so-so, compared to the yummy stollen bread I bought from World Market last year.
Stollen  (German Christmas Bread) - find German recipes in English @ www.mybestgermanrecipes.com
I have never made it myself, and probably never will since I am the only one in my family that loves it. I pinned several versions of stollen bread but it looks like a bit of trouble just for me. This cherry version looks d-e-l-i-s-h!!
Cherry, Almond & Coconut Christmas Stollen recipe - this looks too good to be true around Christmas!
Cherry, Almond, & Coconut
Garmisch Nut Stollen

Nut Stollen

An Orange Marmalade Date Fig Stollen - spreading the Christmas spirit

Orange Marmalade Date Fig Stollen
 
 
 
Maybe I'll just try one of these on Christmas morning....
 
 
 stollen scones
stollen scones | She Who Eats
 
or muffins
 
Christmas Stollen Cupcakes - Cupcake
 
 
 

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...