Monday, March 17, 2014

can't say yes to the dress......

I did this post on my search for the perfect dress for the wedding and I really thought I had found it.
Source: Dillards
It was lace, it wasn't sleeveless, it was the right length, and it was the right color......or so I thought. The color name is blush, and in the picture it looked to have just a hint of pink color which I thought would blend well with the bridesmaids bright pink dresses. The sequin embellishments are silver/gray, which would also blend well with the gray tuxes. I really loved the dress and had planned to get the shoes too.

The dress arrived quickly and I was so excited to see the dress! I was a little let down when I opened the box. The color was darker than pictured and I just kept thinking that it looked so mauve. Mauve is definitely not the 2014 color of the year!
I tried the dress on and it fit perfectly and over the past three days I've tried to convince myself that I like it (like, not love). But I want to love my dress. After all, this is a very special occasion.
I finally decided today to return the dress and continue my search for the dress!!
I took a few pictures before I packed it up.



I still have a little time to decide (2 months from today to be exact!!!).
so now, the search continues........


No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...