Saturday, January 27, 2018

*winter visit // part two*

Together is our favorite place to be (printable)

01.21.18

#morningswithkamry

that little gown!! <3

[below] Lindsey in her gown when she was about Kamry's age....
I'm seeing some favor!! <3


We went for a visit at Pop & Gran's house.


This was a great week for them too! 
They really loved spending time with the great grands and having the family around!

Tonight for dinner, I made Salisbury Steak w/ Gravy, Asparagus Bundles, Rice, and Rolls.

I didn't take pics, but here is the recipe for the Salisbury Steak (fed my family of 6)...

2 lb. ground beef
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 T ketchup 
1 T Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. mustard
1/2 tsp garlic powder
salt & pepper

Make patties and cook thoroughly. I cooked them on my griddle 
and added them to the gravy at the end. 

-GRAVY-
In a skillet, saute 1 large onion (sliced) in olive oil and butter until tender. Add mushrooms (sliced), 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, 1 T Worcestershire sauce,  3 cups beef broth (I use hot water + bullion cubes), salt & pepper. Thicken with corn starch. 

Add patties to gravy and simmer until ready to serve.

Trisha Yearwood's Asparagus Bundle recipe {HERE}. 
I found this recipe a few years ago, and it's a family favorite!!
[The only thing I do differently is cut the bacon in half instead of wrapping with a whole strip. I do 3 or 4 pieces of asparagus per bundle.]

01.22.18

After breakfast, we went out in the yard with Daddy and Pop Pop.

when there aren't any "muddy puddles" you make your own! :O)

She was not afraid of the goose at all!!


A little Peppa break! :O)

My sweet girl!

Kayla and Rowen came down and she made her Dad a Red Velvet Cake for his birthday (she's already made another one--DELISH--yaaa! a baker in the family!!) :O)

Liv and Weston stopped by for a little visit.


They both love "Baby Roe" <3
Nana's precious man!!


Tonight's dinner was Taco Soup in the Instant Pot and Grilled Cheese sandwiches.
Recipe link {HERE}.

01.23.18

My morning quiet time with Kamry has been the best! Kamry's schedule has changed a bit over the last month or so and she now gets up around 8:00 (was sleeping until 10 or 11) so it was a nice break for Lindsey to be able to sleep in while she was here. I loved having those hours with her every morning. I try to limit the tv watching, but she loves getting my iPad for me to find Peppa for her and looking at pics and taking selfies! LOL


She didn't eat much this morning for breakfast, so we made Strawberry Smoothies 
which she gobbled down!



Kayla and Rowen came down for the day. Logan was hunting again.

[that's a little smile under Rowen's paci!!]
 :O)


Peter left on the evening boat to go back to work. :O(
Logan was hunting late so we ordered out for dinner tonight! 

I was sad that it was their last night here!!! 

01.24.18

I spent one last morning with Kamry. 





Gran and Pop came down, 
and I got Rowen for awhile.
little book worm!!

Nathan was headed home today. He just missed their visit, but they did see each other on the dock when the boat got there. He also FaceTimed! :O)




They left on the evening boat, and while I was sad they were leaving, they left me with lots of good memories from our week together. I enjoyed every minute of our time together. We just hung out and relaxed and just enjoyed being together. No clocks, no phones, no schedule, nothing but time.....to me that's priceless! <3 <3 <3 

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...