Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Disney Dining + Vacation Countdown


FLORIDA HERE WE COME!

Take me back to sunny Florida!


50 days!!!!!! 

Just 50 days until we load up the SUV....(yes, we have a new vehicle!!!!), and start our road trip to Florida!!! I am so excited, even about driving, because we are going on a VACATION!!!

One of the very first parts of my trip planning is making dinner reservations. This is (a) one of my favorite parts of any vacation, and (b) booking early is a must or you won't get what you want. Snagging a reservation at places like O'Hana (or say, Cinderella's Royal Table which we don't do---yet!), are very hard ADR's to get.

{one}
The first ADR (advance dinner reservation) I booked was for O'hana. It's a favorite! The atmosphere at the Polynesian Resort alone draws me there every trip! Then there's the food....the noodles, the pot stickers, the skewers...grilled shrimp...oh my! And the bread pudding for dessert is over the top!

On our Epcot night, we will monorail over to the Polynesian for an early dinner ADR then return to the park for the fireworks! I'm excited about this one...even though we have eaten there many times!


The breakfast there is a must-do too! I did breakfast for the first time on Nathan's Senior trip - awesome dining experience!
Peter and I ate there on our last trip! The food was amazing and the characters are a bonus! 
Link {HERE} to my post.
We aren't doing it this trip, but will definitely go back on a future trip!!

{two}
I've booked us several new spots for dinner this trip. We are trying Ale & Compass (formerly Captain's Grille) at the Yacht Club on our Hollywood Studios day. We love the quick boat ride over from the park and we really love the Yacht and Beach Club resorts as well as the Boardwalk area. A nice place to hang out after dinner.


{three}
We are trying two new restaurants in Disney Springs - on our Animal Kingdom night we will head over for dinner at 

(Chef Art Smith's) Homecoming

Chef Art Smith's Fried Chicken
Fried Chicken! Hummingbird Cake! Oh My!!
Hummingbird Cake
The food looks ah-mazing!

{four}

I haven't decided on our park day yet for our last day -March 20th---> MY BIRTHDAY!!!

but but I am super excited about our dinner at 

The BoatHouse 

{five}

We always do Cape May Cafe'-


just going for the all-you-can-eat crab legs alone is worth it!!! :O)

{six}

I've booked dinner at The Wave at the Contemporary Resort (which we are still yet to tour or dine at). This one may change.....I want to try it, yet I feel like there may be a better choice. I'll update once I decide for sure. It will be on our Magic Kingdom night so the possibilities are endless!! 

Dining area with tables and wave-like ceiling

That's the problem....too many awesome restaurants to choose from. We have our tried and true options but we are always up for trying something new. 

So now that we know pretty much where we will be having dinner each night, it's time to start planning out our park days! Next step in Disney planning---> Fast Passes! 
(which we were able to select at 60 days out)

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...