Wednesday, January 10, 2018

early morning snuggles


#morningthoughts #quote  Enjoy the little things
My favorite time with the grandchildren is early mornings when no one else is up.
Those first sounds, first smiles, the quiet time with no distractions, just snuggling them in your arms, rocking them, feeding them, just staring at each other, content and happy. 

When Kamry first came home from the hospital, I spent lots of time with them, trying to help out and be company for Lindsey. I think the biggest thing for both of us were the early mornings. Lindsey was exhausted and needed rest, and I was up early anxious to do morning duty! Post link {HERE}.





That summer, I became a morning person!! Since then, I haven't slept in past 7 and if I do I feel like I've missed the best part of the day. I love the quiet time, and I love it even more if it's quiet time with my grandchildren!

When Rowen came along last fall, I was so happy when I got to do morning duty with him!
It was under different circumstances this time, but I loved that I was able to not only help my other daughter-in-law, but I got many hours of quiet time with my new grandbaby. 


I pulled out my good camera again. I miss using it. I snap pics with my Ipad but I love getting good pictures with my camera. I need more practice but I snapped these yesterday morning, and I love them!!




They won't remember our mornings together, but for me, these early morning snuggles are priceless, precious moments that I will never forget. 

xoxo

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...