Thursday, October 5, 2017

menu plan monday + reviews

 

I was [once again] spending toooo much money on food and had gotten so off track with planning meals, I never had any food on had, I had to do something!! I finally sat down and planned out two weeks worth of meals and made a list. Peter took a morning last week and went to stock up on groceries. I also ordered a box full of groceries/supplies ($5.99 s/h) from Prime Pantry and a few bulk items from Jet.com. I already cooked the highlighted meals, and several of these made enough for dinner for Kayla & Nathan too! :O)

Menu Ideas:

Mississippi Roast/Mashed Potatoes/Asparagus Bundles

Roasted Chicken/Gravy/Mashed Potatoes/Roasted Acorn Squash/Corn on the Cob

Steak Subs w/fixins/Fries

Grilled Steaks/Grilled Onions/Baked Potato/Corn on the Cob/Tomatoes in Vinegar

Turkey Pot Pie

Neopolitan Casserole/French Bread

Blue Apron Meal: Sweet & Spicy Beef



Marley Spoon Meal

Crab Cakes/Deviled Eggs/Baked Beans

Corn Chowder

Tomato/Basil/Garlic Pork Chops on the Grill/Glazed Carrots

Blue Apron Meal: Spicy Chicken Sandwich (2 meals for me)



Spicy Chicken Sandwich w/ Napa Cabbage Slaw & Roasted Potato Wedges

best.checken.sandwich.ever

This meal was delicious!!! I'm back to cooking for just me again while Peter is at work, so I made this yesterday (and did the other one today). It was super yummy and very filling!!! I am such a fan of these boxed meals and have only been disappointed with the free box I got from a fellow Instagrammer from Green Chef!

INGREDIENTS

2 boneless chicken breast
2 ciabatta rolls 
1/2 lb Napa cabbage
1 russet potato
3 oz. pickle chips
1 T mayo
1 T red wine vinegar
1/2 cup crispy chicken spice blend 
(flour/garlic powder/onion powder/dry mustard/smoked paprika)
2 tsps. sriracha
1 T sugar
1/4 cup buttermilk

HOW TO MAKE:  {HERE}


The last meal from the BA box isn't getting a rave review, in fact, it was pretty yucky.....

Inline image

Viennese Beef Sausage w/ Cheesy Mashed Sweet Potato

It should have given me two meals, instead, I could barely get through one....I ate some of the mashed sweet potato, the kale and a few peppers. I normally love kielbasa sausage, but this was NOT good. I had taken the time to cook it so I tried to get at least one meal out of it.
I'm not even going to link it because I don't recommend anyone making it!! 

-----------------------------------------------

I have one meal from the last Marley Spoon box. I ended up freezing my accounts for awhile because I missed pausing twice in the last month!

I'm already working on another two weeks of meals and a big grocery list that we will get once Peter gets back in two weeks. Now that I'm home from work there is no excuse for not being more organized. I love waking up knowing what's for dinner and having all the ingredients on hand!

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...