Monday, October 9, 2017

menu plan monday: breakfast & lunch


A couple of years ago, I shared a series of posts on meal planning which included breakfast and lunch ideas. I went with the [eat the same thing all week] plan, which really worked out great plus saved a lot of money on groceries since I only had to buy a few items for those meals for the week.

BREAKFAST

We aren't big breakfast eaters, or lunch either for that matter, so starting my day with a good, healthy breakfast had to be a good thing! This week, I started back on this plan and thought I'd share it again.

-EGGS-

Eggs are probably my favorite breakfast food, and while there are a gazillion ways to fix eggs, my fave is an "Egg in a Basket"


how to make: melt a little butter in a hot skillet, butter one side of a slice of bread then cut out a hole with a biscuit cutter. Put unbuttered side down in the pan and break an egg into the hole. Salt and pepper to taste. Flip toast and cook until done (I don't like runny eggs, so I make sure it's cooked through). And there you have it....an egg in basket! Mmmmm! Don't forget to throw the little piece you cut out in the pan too....I love how the bread gets nice and toasted.

GROCERY LIST

eggs
bread
juice
fruit (used for lunches too)
* items on hand: butter, coffee

These items covered breakfast all week.

LUNCH

Lunch was easy too...pita pizzas or pita w/tuna, fruit and/or baked chips + soda (still haven't kicked that habit! I did give up diet Coke, but regular Pepsi is my drink of choice at the moment! What is it with me and cola!!!)

how to make: super easy....top one pita with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and sprinkle with oregano. Microwave about 1 minute or until cheese melts. Add fruit or chips on the side and there you go!

For tuna- just mix it the way you like it (I add mayo, dry oinon sometimes add relish too), serve in half a pita w/lettuce, pickles or whatever you like with tuna.

GROCERY LIST
pita bread
pizza sauce
mozzarella cheese

tuna
baked chips
soda

*items on hand: mayo, dry onion, relish, pickles, lettuce

Not a bad list for a week's worth of breakfast and lunch! 

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...