Sunday, October 15, 2017

mom + daughters get-away [part two]

We headed back up the shore talking about where we should have dinner. We decided on Ray's Shanty located on Chincoteague Road.

We made a great choice!!!

Me and Julie shared the hot crab dip app...

Mom and Julie got fish (fresh tuna and mako) and I got the broiled scallops...oh my!


After dinner, we checked in at the Refuge Inn and settled in for the night. Lots of pics to go through for IG and blog posts (and FB too for Julie). :O) 


side note: Pretty much all summer I've been dealing with iPad issues. I am super frustrated as it is difficult to even post an IG story or blog post. I love having an Apple device for many reasons, especially because Peter has an iPhone and we use Facetime while he is away at work. That app and others has been erroring the past two weeks even losing all of my pics (they came back thank goodness!!). I still use my desk top for blogging and picture editing, but love my iPad too..butttt....I really need to upgrade ASAP!! 

Julie was asleep super early...(((and up super early!!))) and we had coffee on the deck.


We got ready, had a little breakfast downstairs, the headed out for the day....but not before pictures! LOL
(Mom goes along with all of our pic taking!! LOL)

Another rainy day, but we didn't mind! We grabbed frappes and sweet tea at McDs
(where we left Rock #3)

We browsed in a few more shops then went to lunch at Ropewalk.


I got the Salad w/ mango dressing and the Cream of Crab Soup...everything was yummy but the soup was super spicy!!!!!



Rock #4 left at Ropewalk!

(I saw this one posted as found on IG after we got home!)

We stopped back at The Refuge Inn to see the horses and get a few pictures.

The last rock was left at the Refuge!



LOL!! This guy was not in the picture taking mood! 

We headed back up the shore and spent an hour with Kamry and Lindsey before Julie took us to the boat. What an awesome end to our fun Mother/Daughter get-away!!! Can't wait until our next one!!!




No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...