Wednesday, October 11, 2017

The Rae Dunn Craze Continues!



Rae Dunn Craziness....

If you love the farmhouse look, have a thing for white dishes, or just love cute coffee mugs, then you are probably hooked on Rae Dunn pottery like me! I haven't been lucky enough to find many Rae Dunn pieces at my local TJMaxx, Home Goods, and Marshalls, but I have a fellow friend who sells her stuff at a decent price and my most recent favorite place to find not-too-overpriced Rae Dunn stuff is MERCARIIt's very similar to eBay, but I actually like it better. 

I don't have a huge collection, mostly mugs, and some seasonal pieces that I've bought over the years, or gotten as gifts from my BFF, but I do love checking out the stores whenever I'm in the area just to see if I can find any hidden gems! 

My most recent shopping trip was a bust (as usual)!! I only hit two stores- Marshalls and Home Goods, but both stores were completely wiped out!! Marshalls had a few pet food bowls, and since I had never come across the cat bowls before, I ended up picking up one for Jaxson and Weasley. 



I almost skipped Home Goods completely but you always have that hope that this might be your lucky day---NOT! I walked all over the store checking every shelf and found NOTHING!! Nothing! not one measly piece. I decided to make one last swoop around the store when I came across this lone mug, just randomly sitting there, and even though I much prefer the LL (long letter) font I grabbed it up. Kayla has started collecting too, so I thought it might add to her collection. 

Of course, I asked the person on the floor at both places if there was any in the store and I always get the same NO response. And then I get to the cashier (again both places) and ask even more questions about Rae Dunn deliveries, what type of stuff they get in, when is the best time to find some, do people leave their number, do people hoard it and clear off the shelves? I get the same vague answers, almost like it's been rehearsed, almost like "please don't ask about Rae Dunn...I don't want to talk about" , a really sketchy, kind of secretive topic and obviously I'm not in the loop!

I've posted my thoughts on the Rae Dunn Craze before {HERE}, and I still feel pretty much the same and think the same thing is still going on. I've been told in the past that yes, people do leave their numbers, and yes, they do give them a heads up on Rae Dunn deliveries, and yes, they do know that people are clearing the shelves and reselling it for a ridiculous amount of money!! I haven't personally been told or know for a fact that employees are doing anything like this, but have heard many stories about it being done. 

I will still continue to hunt for Rae Dunn when I'm at the stores, and hopefully get super lucky someday, but in the meantime, I'll be shopping on mercari for the pieces I'm loving.

The top item on my wish list right now is this Red Truck Christmas Plate!!! <3 I love it!! I'm searching for a deal (some are already listing them for as high as $100 ---yikes!!) (or better yet, get super-duper lucky and stumble on one during my next store visit).....yea right! LOL
source: google

Hopefully, I'll have one by December to add to my coffee center!!

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...