Thursday, January 19, 2017

{good things thursday}


My 2017 word of the year......FUN!!

Just have FUN!! Sounds good to me!!

 A FUN way to start....splurge on a few new favorite "things". :O) :O) Okay, so I'm having FUN already!!

I'll be honest, I love getting little packages in the mail or splurging on something FUN I've been wanting from one of my favorite stores. Even a new candle to burn or something cute from the dollar spot at Target brings me joy! I know life isn't about getting stuff, but it sure does perk up my day! So, I had this brainstorm when thinking about the New Year.....along with the getting organized and all my other "resolutions" why not add a little FUN???

I guess what got me thinking about this was my monthly Stitch Fix shipment. I rarely shopped or bought anything for myself, and my closet was showing it. With SF, I am adding at least one new item a month to my wardrobe and I'm loving it!!! So FUN!

I decided to expand on this with a few more purchases. Since I'm so into getting the house organized but never seem to have the right bin or container, I'm going to purchase one organizing item each month too. And then I thought, I really want to perk up the house a bit, so I'm going to shop for the house too! Sounds like so much FUN!!

And just because I think everyone needs to add a little more joy to their lives, my fourth purchase will be something "FUN".....item like some Meyers Hand Soap or a my favorite scented candle. :O)

I'll still shop like I always have, for things we need for the house, gifts, clothes, etc., but I'll squeeze these (4) FUN purchases, something for me, something for our home, something to help organize, and something FUN, into the monthly budget as well.....actually, I have January's purchases already covered!!  ;O)

{January 2017}

something for me........

new TOMS!! 
Super excited that they were included in my Stitch Fix box this month!

source: Stitch Fix 

something for the house......

I have been wanting this sign forever and since I was rearranging/updating my kitchen, I finally ordered one from etsy!! I can't wait to get it!! :O) I love, love this saying!! >3
Love Grows Best In Houses Just Like This.. Handmade Sign
source: etsy
something for organizing.....

I had looked at this item numerous times, but didn't need/want a bread box, so I didn't order it. BUT, while watching IG stories this week, I saw that Laurie, from The Glam Farmhouse, used it as a cookbook holder (and her Pioneer Woman cook books fit perfectly). So, guess what? I ordered one! Since moving things around in the kitchen, my cook books lost their home and have been stacked on the floor waiting for somewhere to go.

Bread Box = Perfect Cook Book Holder!

I bought it from Decor Steals for $34.99 (+$5 s/h). I love the farmhouse style and think it will not only be functional, but pretty in my kitchen. BTW, you can sign up for daily emails from Decor Steals so you won't miss out on their awesome deals! And....shipping is always just $5.

source: decor steals

{LINK}

something fun......

{which is also something for the house}.....
I finally bought a boxwood wreath {on sale} from Target. 



source: Target
That was FUN!!! This year is off to a great start!!! :O)

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...