Tuesday, January 17, 2017

What's Cooking???

{Cooking Challenge} I love to cook and I love The Pioneer Woman, so let's put these two together and do a cooking challenge!! I'll be using my copy of PW "A Year of Holidays" that Nathan gave me a few years ago. I've tried a few recipes from this already, but will divide the book up my month/holiday and try out a few more. I'm excited to try some new recipes and/or her take on an old favorite, and I think it will be fun to make it seasonal/holiday themed. Coming up: Happy New Year.......I'll be choosing recipes for my January challenge that are all about the New Year!! Stay tuned....




{Football Food} I love, love football and I really love some yummy football-watching snacks! Last week, I tried a new recipe - Crack Chicken! Here's the recipe..and btw...it was YUMMMM!!

CRACK CHICKEN

  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
  • 1 packet (it called for 2 but one was perfect) dry ranch mix
  • 2- 8 oz. cream cheese
  • 8 oz. bacon - fried, drained, and crumbled 
  • shredded cheddar
  • buns


Put chicken in crock pot, sprinkle with ranch mix, put cream cheese on top. Set crock pot to 4 hours on high. When chicken is cooked, shred and mix together with cream cheese. Keep on warm until ready to serve.



Put buns in oven until toasted (I used sub rolls split open, and cut in half). Add crumbled bacon to chicken and mix together. Sprinkle cheese on top and put lid back on until melted. Scoop on bun and enjoy!! It lives up to it's name....Crack Chicken!!




{Freezer Meal Love} 

I used the last of my freezer meals last week, and this Pepper Steak meal was soooo good. I love how easy they are and how nice it is to have a no cook day every now and then. I definitely need to stock the freezer up again soon!


Just dump contents of the bag in crock pot and turn on! 


6 hours later.....


I added some rice and roasted asparagus - yummy dinner in just minutes!


I've pinned tons of freezer and make-ahead meals {HERE}.



No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...