Thursday, February 18, 2016

14 Week Organization Challenge: The Launch Pad

The 2016 Home Organization Challenge
 
2016 Home Organization 101:
Week #4 - The Launch Pad

LINK: A Bowl Full Of Lemons

Right now, my launch pad (or command center) is the kitchen island. I try to keep it clear (except for my to-do list and maybe a candle), but on most days it looks like this....



but I try to keep it looking like this.......



I keep frequently used office supplies, check book/cash, etc., in the top kitchen drawer nearby, and the bottom drawer holds my binder/planner, envelopes, savings jars, keys, etc. I try not keep too much "stuff" on the launch pad, since I need it for work space (and it looks very messy!!).

On the wish-list: hopefully, in the near future, we will do a little kitchen update (paint cabinets + add new countertops), as well as have a new breakfast bar built.

Something like this....

Turn your kitchen from boring builder basic to beautiful with a DIY Planked Peninsula with Corbels tutorial at thehappyhousie.com:


I can then do away with my small island, and use the breakfast bar for an extra work/eating space. I'd like to make this my new launch pad area, with a basket for daily stuff.

Something like this:

kitchen basket organization:
 
or this....
 
organized:
 
Binders for recipes, home management, etc.:
 
Organize our paper clutter in the kitchen, where it always ends up all over the counter!:
 
 
This week's challenge was an easy one, but next week....Master Bedroom Organizing!!
 
14 Week Organization Challenge
 
 
 

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...