Wednesday, February 17, 2016

The Simple Woman's Day Book: February 2016

 
For Today...Wednesday February 17th
 
 
Outside my window....After snow on Monday and rain on Tuesday, today it's SUNNY!!! :O)
 
 
I am thankful....that the snow cleared out before Peter, Nathan, & Logan started traveling yesterday/today for crew change! :O)
 
  
I am wearing...jeans, a pink tee, & my gray/pink Nikes
(hoping if I keep my walking shoes on, I might actually take a walk today!!!!)
 
 
 
A favorite quote of the day....
 Enjoy the little things....
 I am reminded daily of how quickly our boys grew up! There were days when I wondered if I would ever again not feel completely worn out or even get through the day. There were times when my biggest battle was getting them to wear a different outfit from the same one they had wanted to wear every day that week or my biggest worry was if they were eating enough. It's funny how those things seemed so big, and now with grown-up children, those "problems" were so little. Of course, the goods days outweighed those hard days, and every day is full of some of the most precious memories with our boys. I miss those days, but look forward to our sweet, little granddaughter and getting to kind of relive all that again with her!:O)

I love this saying....How true!!
The Days Are Long But the Years Are Short:
 
 
In the kitchen....back to cooking for one! Today, I am trying a Garlic & Lemon Chicken/Green Bean/Potato Bake. I'll post a review soon!

 
 
 Garlic And Lemon Chicken With Green Beans And Red Potatoes Recipe - Food.com
 
 
From the board room (Pinterest)...

I am serious about downsizing to a minimalist/capsule wardrobe!
I love this idea board (and pinned several others). I have wayyy too many items in my closet that I NEVER wear, and my closet is a mess! Time to simplify!
 
 Here is a fun and affordable Old Navy Winter to Spring Capsule Wardrobe. These mix and match outfits will work great all winter and transition easily to spring. I love the cardigans, floral shirt and fun coral dolman top. women fashion style
 
 
One of my favorite things....

Smoothies!!!
I enjoyed doing the Smoothie Challenge last month. I've been making a few repeats, plus trying out a few more. Link {HERE}.

I also created a Smoothie Challenge Pinterest board! Link {HERE}.




NutriBullet® Pro NB90901 900-Watt Professional Series by Magic Bullet | macys.com
 
On the calendar.....
 

-FEBRUARY-
12 days - 2/29 Leap Year

-MARCH-
15 days - 3/3-3/10 Disney Vacation
29 days - 3/17 St. Patrick's Day
32 days - 3/20 my birthday :O)
39 days - 3/27 Easter 
 

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...