Thursday, October 10, 2013

Floor Care

{October 31 Day Challenge}
31 days of.......keeping it simple-keeping it real.


Day 10: Yesterday, I started a little fall cleaning. I spent an hour or two in Nathan's room, not that there was much to do in there since we cleaned out his closet and rearranged his room a few weeks ago. He likes things organized :O), so his room was an easy one to check off the Fall Cleaning To-Do List! When he moved in there after Logan moved out, I offered to repaint it, but he was fine with the grey walls, so we didn't do any major redecorating. I would love it if we could do a little re-do, but for now, he loves his room, so I guess we'll put it on hold awhile longer. I finally replaced the last mini-blind in the house with a bamboo roll-up blind for his room. I got a great deal @ JCPenney- they had 50% off the day I ordered it, and other than buying a new ceiling fan, that's pretty much it.
I washed the windows, wiped down the walls, and gave the floor a really good cleaning.
A favorite cleaning product of mine is the Shark Floor Steamer. I absolutely love it!
Shark Lite 'n Easy Steam Mop
Shark Lite & Easy Steam Mop

PRODUCT OVERVIEW

Shark Lite 'n Easy Steam Mop...The easiest and lightest Shark steam mop for quick and simple cleaning and sanitization on all hard floor surfaces. Eliminates 99.9% of germs and bacteria, including H1N1. Telescoping handle design for ease and comfort. Natural push motion for steam activation; Swivel mop head; 25 foot power cord; 15 minutes of steam running time. Includes 2 all-purpose microfiber pads.

I keep my floor care regimen pretty simple. I use the Swiffer vacuum daily to remove dust/dirt. I mop about once a week. I had been using the Swiffer WetJet to mop the floor, but discovered I {LOVE} the Libman Wonder Mop so much better. It is much more economical to use, just throw mop head in the washer and it's ready to use again. No more pads and bottles of cleaner to buy.

Then, for an extra deep clean, I use the steamer, whenever I wet mop.
I'm skipping the Fall Cleaning today, it's much too dreary out today for housecleaning- it's a much better day to blog and watch a movie!!

Day 1: Introduction
Day 2: Empty Nest
Day 3: Binders & Calendars
Day 4: Cookware
Day 5: Feelin' Fall-y
Day 6: End of Summer
Day 7: The Voice
Day 8: Dream
Day 9: Show Your Support
Day 10: Floor Care

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...