Monday, October 14, 2013

board & batten

{October 31 Day Challenge}  31 days of.......keeping it simple-keeping it real.

Day 14: After several days of rainy, unmotivating weather, I was happy to start Monday morning with some sunshine and a burst of ambition! I spent most of today cleaning our bedroom , with cleaning out and reorganizing the closet taking up the majority of the day. I also moved the furniture around- I love where I have the bed now so much better. I still don't have a headboard, or even want one. I do, however, think that this look behind the bed would be perfect!!!

board And batten with shelf on wall behind bed - instead of headboard?
{source}

I really love the ledge shelf!


I also found this next picture, which pretty much looks like the wall I am working with- no windows or doorways, just a blank wall behind the bed.

before/after- adding board & batten
{source}

I haven't been able to make up my mind about what to do with the walls, but I'm pretty sure I'll do some sort of board & batten project on the wall behind the bed. I really like this look!


Day 1: Introduction
Day 2: Empty Nest
Day 3: Binders & Calendars
Day 4: Cookware
Day 5: Feelin' Fall-y
Day 6: End of Summer
Day 7: The Voice
Day 8: Dream
Day 9: Show Your Support
Day 10: Floor Care
Day 11: 5 on Friday
Day 12 & 13: Weekend Catch-Up
Day 14: Board & Batten

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...