Monday, October 24, 2011

Room Re-do part 4

Curtains are hung...............what's next???



This wall has a corner cabinet that is painted Espresso Bean by Behr paints. I want to put some pretty colored storage boxes, books, and a few collectibles in the top part of this cabinet. The bottom part will hold my scrapbook albums.
The sofa will go on this wall. As soon as we get the new sofa for our living room, we'll put our old one here. It still looks pretty good, it has a neutral colored slipcover on it. I'm going to have some pillows made from the aqua & chartreuse fabric I got from Hobby Lobby to spruce it up.
I kept the dresser that was Nathan's in this room as kind of an entry table. It has tons of storage-perfect for holding all of my scrapbook/craft supplies. It was already painted as well, and I thought it looked so good with the white & blue, so I kept it that color. I plan to add lamps {maybe a polished silver finish}, and a few accessories. I have a vintage round mirror to put over it and I've ordered 2 oval mirrors from the At Home America party I went to a few weeks ago. The room is really coming together, even better that I imagined! I still haven't found a desk chair yet, but I'm working on that. The only thing I don't love about the room is the HUGE silver and black tv........but it has to stay for now. It still works fine and has a great picture, so I guess I'll just have to get over how big it is.....LOL.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great with your curtains up!

The Adviser said...

love your pictures very vivid. I saw you on Fridays Bloggers. Stop by my blog I am having a party today 10-midnight EST.

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...