Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Room Re-do part 1


Last week, I did some shopping at Lowes. I had read several blogs about DIY Board & Batten projects, so Dad & I set out to find all of the needed supplies. After much looking & debating, we found what we needed. Next was paint....hmmm...what color to paint this room....it didn't take long to decide because as soon as I saw the "Summer Cottage" sample by Valspar, I was sold! It's a beautiful shade of aqua blue!

I also got to check out Hobby Lobby....what a store!!! :O) Now, I'm a diehard Michael's fan, but oh my, this place was awesome!!! I found lots of great supplies to do some craft projects that I've been hoping to try {and lots of monogrammed stuff}. It was a bit overwheming, but I managed to purchase a few decorating goodies {and @ 50% off!}.
I was looking for some pretty fabric for curtains and pillows, and while I couldn't decide on anything for the curtains, I found these cute bundles of fabric pieces {perfect size for pillow fronts} in the colors I am working with. Score!!! On Monday, Dad started on the board & batten project-here's what we've done so far......it's looking great!!!! I can hardly wait to get it painted!!!
More to come.....

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...