Sunday, April 15, 2018

Our 2018 Disney Vacation: Day 5 [Hollywood Studios- part 1]

Sunday March, 18, 2018
Disney's Hollywood Studios - part one

I love Hollywood Studios! It's a fun park, and I guess, for me, it's mainly because of all the rides. Peter isn't a big fan of rides, but he does love Toy Story Mania, and that's where our day in the park began. We had Fast Passes there that were ripe as soon as we hit the park, so we headed straight over there and hopped right on. 


As usual, Peter got the high score (but I was more accurate LOL). This ride is so much fun! I wish I could have gotten another FP for later but they were gone for the day. Happy we got to at least play this time! There were signs of the upcoming Toy Story Land opening in June 2018. Here's a link - go check it out! It looks so awesome!! :O) We stopped at the snack kiosk right outside of TSM, and got a snack. I got the Mickey Pretzel w/Cheese and a Coke, Peter got frozen lemonade and popcorn. 
[$18.81 = 4 SC]

We found a shady bench and enjoyed our snack. 



We had Fps for Star Tours next, so we headed that way. I love watching the Jedis in training.




I love Star Tours---Peter skips this ride too, again, he is not the biggest fan of rides. :O(
We bumped right into the March of the First Order. Now I will say, we are not huge Star Wars fans, but we LOVED this!!!! 





So cool!!!

By now, my Fast Pass for Tower of Terror was open...eeeeek!!
Would I have enough nerve to ride alone? or would I chicken out again this year????





I DID IT!!!! 
[And it wasn't as scary as I remembered!] :O) It is really fun!!

I could have used Peter's FP since he won't ride, but I didn't want to push it, once was enough for this trip! Besides, we were ready for lunch! LOL


We did personal pizzas, Caesar salads, and sodas from Catalina Eddie's. We struggle with counter service choices in this park, but we were both in the mood for pizza and this lunch was actually pretty good. It was hot today, so we found a spot at one of the covered picnic tables and again, had a relaxing lunch. [$29.81 = 2 CS credits]

The dining plan changed a little this year. A dessert was no longer included with lunch, but instead you got double snack credits each day. Ex. we had the dining plan 6 days so we both got 2 snack credits each per day = 24 total snack credits!!! That's a lot. There were a lot of lunches we did not want dessert or the choices at the place for lunch wasn't really what we wanted. I've always wanted to get a variety of snacks and share. Plus using as snack credits, you get more for your money. 

Back to lunch.....we wanted dessert...LOL...lucky for us Hollywood Scoops ws right next door!


Apple Crisp a la Mode - cinnamon apple topped with old-fashioned vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce, and streusel $6.69 or 1 snack credit


part two of our DHS day coming up......

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...