Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Welcome *S*P*R*I*N*G*?

*S*P*R*I*N*G* Chalkboard*

Well, it's officially Spring, but it sure doesn't feel like it yet! 


Well, except for that one day a few weeks ago when it finally hit 70!! Peter and Nathan got the Martin houses ready and I enjoyed a little time on the patio! 





It's Tax Time! 

Yuck! 

We always try to make a better day of it with shopping, lunch, and a little Kamry visit.
 We tried Firehouse Subs---and it was definitely a great choice! YUM!!!

[At Firehouse Subs, subs are only part of our story. A portion of your purchase in 2018 at all US Firehouse Subs locations goes to the Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation, to be used to provide lifesaving equipment to first responders. 

Since the Foundation started, it has granted over $33 million to provide equipment, training, and support to hometown heroes. 

All because at Firehouse Subs we believe that making great subs is not enough; you have to do good, too.]
Peter got the Pastrami Reuben, I got the Club on a Sub.

and....we bought a NINJA!!! <3

I'm def a fan of the frother!


I always say I'm not a the biggest fan of sweets, but I realized I LOVE Easter candy (even more than Halloween & Christmas candy). I love Robin's Eggs!! and Jelly Beans...and Peeps....LOL And I really love Cherry Nut homemade Easter eggs! :O)

I'm loving this Coconut Creme Creamer!!!


I shared this from my devotions last week---> MAKE TIME! It's important! <3

Monday 
04.09.18
Bringing a little SUNSHINE to yet another cold day! Oh SPRING - where are you???

To perk up my Monday morning I made....... 

-TOFFEE COFFEE-
 3 T ground coffee•1 T caramel or butterscotch sauce•1 T brown sugar•1/4 tsp vanilla•dash salt•1/4 cup heavy cream -put caramel, sugar, vanilla, salt in mug. Brew coffee and stir. Warm cream in microwave then froth for 30 seconds.


I was hesitant about switching to a Ninja coffee bar but I seriously love the frother! :O)

yep-----that's a pig! :O) :O) :O)

Dad made a pie for Kayla's birthday (not until next week, but Nathan won't be here).
So, I took a break from spring cleaning the kitchen for a little mid-day get together! <3

Tuesday
04.10.18

Strawberry Smoothie 
[and my latest Rae Dunn addition!] Thanks Kayla!

Wanda and I finally got together for our monthly dinner at Lorraines....we actually hadn't gotten together since February. Between time with family, work, and vacations, it's hard to fit a night in, but it's always nice when we do! :O) :O)

Wednesday
04.11.18
It's finally in the 50's and the sun is trying to stay out! 


It's been a long, cold winter....hurry up *S*P*R*I*N*G* we are ready for you!!

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...